Monday, October 26, 2009

Justyn & Me Cooking: Spaghetti & Meatballs

This is a story of how I finally got my spaghetti on.

Yesterday we also picked up some roma tomatoes from the farmer's market since I had a major craving for spaghetti. All I really wanted was a simple marinara with spaghetti. However, earlier in the week I also spotted Chef John's meatballs w/ ricotta cheese. Mind you I don't even like ricotta cheese.

These recipes matched perfectly together. LOVE!

Marinara Recipe: http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/killer_marinara_sauce_three_ways

Ricotta Meatball Recipe: http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2009/10/experimental-ricotta-meatballs-prove-to.html

Not only did I put these two together but Justyn made the meatballs and I made the sauce. We were totally bumping and shoving each other around in our tiny kitchen but the end result was amazing. The meatballs were super tender and the marinara sauce really was "killer". Despite the fact that we're eating dinner at 7:20pm, I'm enjoying it a lot. I also love the fact that Justyn and I cooked something together. This meal really was made with love (and maybe a little hate haha).



I couldn't help but include my pumpkin from yesterday too heh. Doesn't she look sad with envy?

2 comments:

Donoho said...

Om Nom Nom Nom Nom!

JadedOne said...

I'm gonna be om nom nomin on it tonight too :D