Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NAC: Punched Babby & Santa

Yes I know "baby" is spelled wrong.. it's kind of an inside joke amongst a group of friends. I made this card not because one of my friends is preggers but because I wanted to give her a reminder on why she should be patient.
Anyway, I got the punched baby idea from andreawalford.com. Her sister made a Christmas card with a baby in a manger which I thought was super cute. I almost never distress cardstock but I thought the shading on the bundle gave it a little extra somethin.


And no, I did not punch Santa. I made him out of punched pieces. This is a completely original design :) I worked with what I had and it turned out pretty cute IMO. I love when simple cards turn out good. (tooting my horn a bit)

5 comments:

Susan said...

Both cards are really cute. Love the santa..fun to see your original idea. Better than anything I've seen out there using punches. Love the simplicity look!

JadedOne said...

Thanks! I always try to make my designs simple and not cluttered. I think it makes for a more cohesive card :)

Susan said...

You know you could easily sell your cards. They would go like hot cakes!

JadedOne said...

A few others have mentioned I should but I feel like I'm not ready to do that yet. I just enjoy making cards for friends at the moment. When I have a bunch of excess left, that's when I'll open up an etsy shop.

Susan said...

Jaded, I finally took some time out and played in my craft room last night. Click on my name and take a look. (Finally I have something to share with you Ü)