Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NAC: Punched Babby & Santa

Yes I know "baby" is spelled wrong.. it's kind of an inside joke amongst a group of friends. I made this card not because one of my friends is preggers but because I wanted to give her a reminder on why she should be patient.
Anyway, I got the punched baby idea from andreawalford.com. Her sister made a Christmas card with a baby in a manger which I thought was super cute. I almost never distress cardstock but I thought the shading on the bundle gave it a little extra somethin.


And no, I did not punch Santa. I made him out of punched pieces. This is a completely original design :) I worked with what I had and it turned out pretty cute IMO. I love when simple cards turn out good. (tooting my horn a bit)

5 comments:

-Susan- said...

Both cards are really cute. Love the santa..fun to see your original idea. Better than anything I've seen out there using punches. Love the simplicity look!

JadedOne said...

Thanks! I always try to make my designs simple and not cluttered. I think it makes for a more cohesive card :)

-Susan- said...

You know you could easily sell your cards. They would go like hot cakes!

JadedOne said...

A few others have mentioned I should but I feel like I'm not ready to do that yet. I just enjoy making cards for friends at the moment. When I have a bunch of excess left, that's when I'll open up an etsy shop.

-Susan- said...

Jaded, I finally took some time out and played in my craft room last night. Click on my name and take a look. (Finally I have something to share with you Ü)