Sunday, March 16, 2008

Irish Weekend and More...

Friday, I decided that I would be cooking Irish meals for the weekend. Justyn wasn't feeling well so we weren't able to celebrate March 14th, but we will just have to postpone that. Hee hee... Anyway, Ken came over to hang out so we just drank, talked and played Dead Rising on his XBoX 360. It's a pretty cool platform especially on our new 50" DLP TV. The graphics are awesome! Here are a couple pictures of Ken's drink which is a Coke Slurpee with Mount Gay (heh) Rum.



Oh yeah, here's a picture of my new cute purse. I can't tell you how much it was because Justyn bought it for me, but I LOVE IT! I also got a matching wallet to go with it.



Saturday, I did some grocery shopping for Irish Beef Stew and Corned Beef & Cabbage. Luckily most of the ingrediants for both dishes are similar so I didn't have to wander around Lucky looking for stuff. (Even though I know that store like the back of my hand)

For lunch we ate at my favorite sammich shop called La Villa (Bertucci's). I had been massively craving their mortadella sammich so I ordered that with some potato salad and Justyn got their roast beef sammich. We did a little sammich swapping, but I was full after half of my Mortadella sammich and Justyn's roast beef did not taste good. Their potato salad was also kinda bland but I didn't care. Eating lunch on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Willow Glen rocks my socks!

Ken came over again for dinner and we played more XBoX. A couple of his friends (Nick & Christine) came over as well and we just hung out for the rest of the night. Oh yeah, not to mention watching Boondock Saints for the billionth time. I mean, if I'm going to make Irish Beef Stew, you gotta have an Irish movie to go along with it. "Everybody's Irish on St. Patty's Day."


On Sunday, we got woken up by the Comcast guy at 8:00am. Since we changed our plan for the cable, Comcast insisted that we get a land line installed even though we don't need it. The installation only took a little less than half an hour, so I prepped the Corned Beef & Cabbage before getting ready for lunch. We were going to have lunch with Jusytn's mom at Curry House (a really cool Japanese bistro), but they were really crowded so we went to Za Zang instead to have noodles and dumplings. When we got home, I checked the Corned Beef & Cabbage mixture to make sure everything was OK. After that we had to help Donoho move some really heavy objects but everything went smoothly. We got home around 7:15pm and had dinner. The Corned Beef & Cabbage came out really nice. I didn't even have to adjust seasoning. With tons of leftover, we had Ken come over to pick some up since he likes it so much. Now, I'm totally tired and I'm going to bed! Good night foodies! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i miss A&W in indonesia...the mozza burger..the curly fries...the waffles...ahhh good ol days...