Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cooking: Pasta with Fresh Herbs

My friend Timmys recently moved back to the bay area to his house which has a beautiful garden on the side. I helped him dig up the soil and plant herbs, tomatoes and other things. It was hard work, but well worth it. On Friday, I went over to his house to visit and utilize the bounty of herbs that have been growing like crazy weeds! I looked up a simple marinara sauce on allrecipes.com and changed a couple things to make it my own. I added bacon, rosemary, thyme and basil and ground beef to it. I also deglazed with a bottle of white wine, added a couple cans of stewed tomatoes and a couple dallops of tomato paste. I the final sauce with some fusilli pasta and served with fresh grated parmesan cheese and torn basil. I was kind of self conscious since everyone had half to one plate while I had two helpings of it. It was fun cooking in another kitchen and having fresh herbs at my disposal.

Here's a picture of the garden:


Dinner:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again StefoKnees, well done, it was really yummy!!!
:drool

M

JadedOne said...

:) You're welcome!