Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cooking: Shepherd's Pie

This is the 3rd and final recipe that I've made with leftovers from the Irish Beef Stew. Shepherd's Pie... a classic and home comforting food. Justyn absolutely loves this dish and this was my first time making it. It wasn't difficult at all since I already had the meat mixture with sauce. All I had to make were the mashed potatoes. I boiled two peeled Russet potatoes for 23 minutes. Unfortunately, one potato was bigger than the other so the middle didn't cook enough for me to mash it up, so I had to remove all the hard bits. I mixed in salt, pepper, chopped scallion, milk and 3 tblsp. of butter. Then I smoothed out the meat mixture into a casserole pan and topped it with mashed potatoes. It baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. I served it with some frozen brussel sprouts in a butter sauce. Super easy meal, but next time I want to make the real thing and start from scratch!

Before going into the oven



Crappy attempt at capturing bubbly goodness. I swear I need to learn how to take better pictures. *sigh*





Dinner is served! *drool*

No comments: