Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's Day Part I

Originally Posted on 02/11/07
Today I told Justyn that I was going to my sister's house to bake cookies. He asked me to bring some home, and I said no. I was actually going to my sister's to bake Valentine's Day cookies just for him. My mom came over to help us out since I'm not a very good baker. The last time I made cookies (Snickerdoodles), I ended up burning the bottom of them and they came out really soft and crumbly. My mom, sister and I ended up prepping, baking and decorating the cookies from 2:00-7:00PM. 5 hours worth of baking!! Crazy you say? Definitely. I didn't read the recipes enough to see that the doughs needed to rest in the fridge for 2 hours. We made Valentine's Day & lemon sugar cookies. It was really fun to hang out with my family and do something that I know Justyn likes. My feet are currently killing me from standing up so much. All in all, it was worth the pain. Justyn loves the cookies and that's what matters most. He's making V-Day dinner for me right now. The title of this post says "Part I" because I'll be making him dinner on the 14th. We're competing to see whose dinner is the best. I got a couple tricks up my sleeve to ensure my win. You'll have to stay tuned to see what they are!
Pictures of prep work:


Me and my mom


My sister, me & mom


Lemon Sugar cookies straight out of the oven


Plated


Cutting out & attempting to lift shapes


Time fo dekorashunz


2nd batch in the oven


I made a cookie for my parents


My sister's cookies


Dorks


Packaged Lemon Sugar Cookies



V-Day Cookies



Close Up



Justyn made homemade meatballs & risotto with a cherry tomato, mozzarella basil salad. It was really tasty! In fact we had leftovers which we polished off today for lunch (02/12/07).

No comments: