Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Update: Christmas Tree & Party

On Friday we went to our local tree farm to pick up our Christmas tree. At first I was really drawn to the little ugly ones that nobody would really want but Justyn wanted a bigger one so we settled on the one he's carrying in this picture. I love how he lifted it above his head like it was no big deal as the worker's jaws at the tree farm dropped open haha. For dinner we went to Olive Garden. I know what you're thinking, why? I used to love Olive Garden but I think my taste buds have matured so I wanted to go back to see if I'd still like it. I still enjoy their salad and soup but other than that, I probably will never go back.


On Saturday we went to Julie's house for a Christmas party to participate in a white elephant gift exchange (we brought a can of WD-40 & a box of zip ties), and hang out with peeps we haven't seen in a while. It was really good to see everyone while enjoying dinner and drinks. Justyn made corn pudding and I made some brussel sprouts which were suprisingly gone by the time I checked on them after everyone had gotten dinner.


Today, Justyn and I went to brunch at Happy Bamboo which we thought was a vegetarian place but it's actually vegan. I had the noodle salad with veggie egg rolls and some neon bright pink looking stuff which probably was supposed to represent the chicken in the dish. It tasted good though which was a relief. Justyn had the dream burger which had the consistency of a fluffly fish filet. I actually liked the food we had and wouldn't mind going back. After brunch we ran some errands and picked up some groceries for tonight's dinner. Justyn has really wanted to make ratatouille for a while now so that's what he made. It turned out so savory and fantastic that I didn't mind eating vegatarian twice in a row today. I balanced it out by making some garlic rubbed parmesan bread to go with it. Now I'm watching The Abyss and about to have a slice of red velvet cake for dessert and relax for the rest of the night. It was a great weekend and I'm pooped.

No comments: