Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cooking: Caprese Salad on Toast

We had a party to go to last night so I was torn between making caprese salad and some Merguez Boulettes (French meatballs) but since the weather was warm, I thought caprese salad would be the perfect thing. In order to have the caprese salad easier to eat, I toasted some baguette slices and rubbed some raw garlic on them. I then topped the toasts with slices of mozzarella cheese, half a cherry tomato & basil. Then I drizzled them with olive oil and twice reduced balsamic vinegar. I hadn't reduced the balsamic vinegar to get it thick enough so I had to pour it back in the pot to let it reduce a couple more minutes before it got syrupy. Before we brought them to the party, I had eaten 3 myself and they were delicious! I'm always amazed at how sometimes simple things can taste so good since I normally love more complicated recipes.

No comments: