Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cards Blog Challenge: Eyelets

While I had some free time in Japan I looked at the Cards Blog and noticed a new challenge was up. The challenge was to use eyelets and so I started brainstorming ideas.. yeah... while I was on vacation. I actually came out with a completely different sketch than how this card turned out and I'm extremly happy with it. I always admired Kelly Purkey's (kellypurkey.typepad.com) use of J Crew catalogs. J Crew catalogs are known for using a plethora of color especially when showcasing their sweaters. I've had one of the catalogs sitting in my scrap cardstock box for a while and decided to use it today. I love how striking the colors are against black.. but enough about that... the eyelets. After I did the sentiment I thought of using the eyelets to accent it.. so I just did a line of them spaced apart by some white handdrawn dots.

Like it?

PS - This picture was super annoying to take since Justyn kept bugging me just as I was about to take the shot. Jeez...

No comments: