Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

We went to my parents house for Thanksgiving and took Justyn's Miata there. The weather was gorgeous. Not too cold suprisingly for a late November day.



A couple pics of the table settings with my placecards :)



Janice had given me a bottle of some nice Rioja from Spain so I brought it to share with her and everyone else. She also brought out some Italian white wine but we didn't get to it.



Here's the pork patty my mom made for me. It's one of the things I ate as a kid and she took time to make it just for me.



My mom was really busy cooking everything in the kitchen. I couldn't resist helping her out. She even told me to taste test her butternut squash and potato soup. It was really out of character for her to trust me with taste but I guess being a full grown foodie has its advantages.



Justyn had to watch a football game.



Mmm turkey... My mom put this in a brine and cooked this bird to perfection. It was sooo juicy.


Green bean casserole. BTW, Trader Joe's version of fried onions is WAY better than French's.



My absolute favorite Thanksgiving side. I call it Chinese stuffing but it's sticky rice with little bits of goodies like Chinese sausage, shiitake mushrooms & preserved mustard greens.



The spread..



Janice made a decadent chocolate souffle which I helped with. It was funny cuz when we were baking these, one of the souffles started to fall over onto the bottom of the oven. Justyn kept asking if the souffles were done so we gave him the poop looking stuff that fell.
It was a lovely Thanksgiving with our family but I am so full I'm going into a food coma right now.

No comments: