Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NAC: Gift Tag

I was heavily inspired by this video from PinkFancyPanic.
My jaw literally dropped when I saw a new technique being used from flower punches. So cool! I only own one flower punch which is really tiny so at first I tried using this on a small 3x3 inch card but it looked weird. I started thinking.. what could I use this flower for? Oh! I have a tag punch that I rarely use. I'll make a tag for Christmas gifts. Here's how it turned out. Not too shabby. I think I went a little overboard with glitter. I first embossed with glitter embossing powder which turned the red cardstock an ugly color. To cover up my mistake, I versamarked the flower again and used heat and stick powder to glue glitter onto. Yeah.. you can barely see the red now. Lesson learned though :) The leaf is just a free hand sketched and cut out shape. No real genius there.. other than the white faux stitching if you want to call it that.

2 comments:

-Susan- said...

Wow..this project is fantastic! I watched the YouTube clip and what fun! So many ways you can use this idea. Love your tag! Can't wait to try it myself.

JadedOne said...

Susan - I can't wait to see how yours turns out :) I'll be watching your blog for the project!