Monday, August 17, 2009

Camping @ Folsom Lake

This past weekend was one of the first that Justyn and I weren't together. He went to Lemons with Erik to watch the Porcubimmer race and I decided to go camping with my sister and Dave.

The drive up to Folsom Lake wasn't too bad but we did hit traffic in 3 places which kinda sucked. Stopping off at McDonalds helped cut the drive in half though.



By the time we got to the campsite, we were ready for a beer. There's nothing better on a hot day than a cold Simpler Times. Yum!
It was too bad that the lake wasn't right where our campsite was but after a 5 minute drive, we found the lake. The highlight of the trip was getting to go on a jetski for the first time with my sister. One of the guys took us out on a 3 person jetski and since he was experienced, he took us out to the end of the lake. Who knew it was such a huge lake? The scenery was stunning and it was great being on the water traveling at high speeds. We even got to go inner(inter?)tubing. That was a blast even if I'm totally sore right now.
I didn't get to snap too many pictures because I was paranoid about getting sand or water in the camera.. but needless to say it was a good time :) Thanks to Dave for inviting us!

No comments: