Monday, June 8, 2009

Cooking: Pasta w/ Tuna, Spinach & Chili

After an awesome weekend and a tiring day of work, I needed something quick and somewhat healthy. I actually didn't intend to cook anything tonight but I spotted this recipe a while back on SeriousEats.com. (Recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/05/dinner-tonight-pasta-with-tuna-arugula-and-ch.html) I had to substitute arugula with baby spinach since the store didn't have any. Either arugula is super popular or people don't cook with it very often.

Anyway, while the pasta was cooking I sauteed some chopped garlic, lemon zest & chili flake in some olive oil until it got nice and fragrant.



Then I added a couple cans of tuna.



I had to wait until the pasta was done before I could finish the tuna mixture since I needed some of the pasta water to make a sauce.



After I added the pasta water and lemon juice, I added the tuna mixture to the drained pasta and mixed it.



I added the baby spinach and let that wilt for a few minutes.



Here it is! This dish was definitely not something I would make on a regular basis. It just seems too simple but at least Justyn enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Savitri said...

This looks yummy!!! I did a pasta dish some while back. I can't remember what I used tho... I think it was pork and spinach. It was really good :)