Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cooking: Shepherd's Pie (actually Cottage Pie)

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I left my camera at a friend's house over the weekend so I haven't felt like posting anything without pics.

But since it's St. Patty's Day and I just finished making Shepherd's Pie, I had to share it with yall! I used Chef John's recipe (he rocks!) and it turned out awesome. There were some deviations I made though.

1) I used a combo of ketchup and Worcestershire sauce instead of the dressing he used since I couldn't find it in the store.

2) I added 3 cloves of garlic in with the meat mixture and a diced onion.

3) I used parmesan cheese instead since that's what I had on hand and I didn't feel like buying a package of Cheddar. (I wouldn't use it beyond this recipe)

Justyn's reaction: *thumbs up* and a muffled "mmm good!".

No comments: