Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

On Sunday I had some peeps over for the big game. I made my obligatory brats stewed with sauerkraut. You can see the recipe and step by step instructions in my last Superbowl post here: http://jadedskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/02/superbowl-weekend.html. Last time I made these, they weren't as tasty as the first time so this time I made sure to follow the recipe exactly. I think last time I added some beer to substitute some of the liquid and it just didn't taste right. However, instead of just using regular brats, I used beer brats which worked perfectly.



I also made some sweet and hot mustard glazed wings courtesy of Chef John of foodwishes.com. Here's the recipe for them: http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2009/01/some-sweet-and-hot-mustard-glazed.html. Justyn wasn't a big fan of them just because he doesn't like honey mustard but everyone swarmed and gobbled them up like bees on honey... or ants on honey.. whatever! They were a huge hit. Oh yeah, that's Dave's fork up in my picture!



Janice brought some chip dip which was amazing as usual and Jason brought ribs, chips & salsa. OMG the ribs were so good! Super tender and flavorful. He said they came out a little dryer than he would have liked but I loved them. Oh crap... I thought I snapped a picture of the ribs. I guess I didn't :(



During halftime we went out on this grassy knoll near my house and threw the football around. That was really fun despite the fact that I can't catch or throw worth a damn.

We watched the rest of the game and had some drinks. Look at the mess! It was well worth it in the end though. I think I'm going to try and make this an annual tradition :)

No comments: