Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cooking: Thai Basil Chicken w/ Green Beans

I was craving some Thai food for dinner so what better than a quick and easy recipe? Yep, none other than Thai Basil Chicken. Justyn has to have a veggie no matter what we eat for dinner so I threw in some chopped green beans. I messed up by not adding the green beans until the dish was almost done cooking so they were a bit crunchy. I ended up having to throw my wok lid on it for about 10 minutes so they would soften up a bit. In the end, it worked out though. I'll even go as far as to say that this is my best batch of Thai Basil Chicken EVAR.
The recipe calls for 10-12 cloves of garlic & 12-20 Thai bird chilies. Holy crap! That's a lot of garlic and heat don't you think? Instead, I cut it down to 5 garlic cloves & 4 chilies. That worked out well. It had just the perfect amount of heat. I also couldn't find any Kaffir lime leaves so instead I took Justyn's suggestion of using lime zest and squeezed half a lime in. Other than that, I pretty much followed the recipe verbatim.

No comments: