Monday, January 12, 2009

New Card :D

Since my friend translated the Japanese stamps for Lisa Spangler (http://sideoatsandscribbles.wumple.com/), I wanted to make her a thankyou card for doing that. I don't speak a lick of Japanese so it was nice to have her there. It was so coincidental because she had messaged me on facebook earlier to get my snail mail address. Talk about perfect timing!


Anyway, here's the card I made her. Hopefully she doesn't get a sneak peek before I send it out tomorrow! I was so inspired by the card in the post below that I had to make it before going to bed.




Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket Jack's World - Animal Friends pattern paper
Cosmo Cricket Jack's World - Blanky pattern paper
Cosmo Cricket Jack's World - Clear Stamps
Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy - Happy Campers pattern paper
Acetate Sheet
Gray Cardstock
Mat Pack
Paper Piercer
Sharpie
1 1/8" Square Punch
3/4 Circle Punch
Corner Rounder
Colorbox Ink Pad (dark brown & red/orange)



Directions:
1) Punch out squares from Animal Friends (2) & Blanky (2)
2) Round three corners on each of the squares
3) Cut a square from the gray cardstock
4) Line up the Cosmo Cricket squares in a square
5) Carefully adhere Cosmo Cricket squares
6) Paper pierce the gray cardstock
7) Cut a piece of acetate the same size as the gray cardstock
8) Lay acetate on top of gray cardstock so the edges match
9) Punch out circles from Animal Friends
10) Line up circles on the acetate so that they are in the middle of the Cosmo Cricket squares
11) Use glue dots to adhere circles to acetate and acetate to Cosmo Cricket squares
12) Cut out a larger square from Happy Campers (you want to use the plaid side)
13) Adhere gray cardstock to Happy Campers
14) Measure your Kraft cardstock so the Happy Campers fit on the outside of the card.
15) Adhere Happy Campers to Kraft cardstock
16) Stamp Thank You on the inside and write a personal note!



*whew* I didn't think it took me so many steps to make this card but apparently it did!

No comments: