Monday, April 14, 2008

Cooking: Thai Chicken Saute

Ah.. what to do for dinner? I need something quick, Asian flavored and somewhat healthy. Hmm... Well, while I was doing my daily drive-by at tastespotting.com, I stumbled upon a picture that caught my eye. Thai Chicken Saute. Sounds good.... let's click on the picture to get the recipe. Ohh, it was from Cooking Light too. Perfect! I'm making it.

I go to Lucky to grab my ingrediants. Chicken tenders, broccoli, cilantro, limes, onion, ginger, garlic, Sriracha and coconut milk. I was supposed to get light coconut milk, but whatever.

I started by cooking some Thai white rice in the rice cooker and then prepped my ingrediants.













I also boiled some water so that I could quickly blanch some broccoli florets for a quick and easy side dish.










After that, I sauteed the chicken tenders in a little canola oil. By the way, they marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, cornstarch and a touch of honey. The recipe says to use fish sauce, but the kind I had on hand is too salty and not a lot of depth in flavor.










I put the cooked chicken on the side and sauteed my onions, garlic and grated ginger.










The chicken goes back in....










And then you add the sauce mixture of coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and Sriracha.











I plated it up with a bowl of rice, broccoli and the chicken. Flavor wise, it could've used a touch bit more soy sauce but I didn't want the sauce to overpower the chicken. It had tartness from the lime juice, sweet from the coconut milk and honey and deep flavor with the onion, garlic and ginger. Yum! I'll definitely be making this again.












Recipe: http://ellesnewenglandkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/04/thai-chicken-saute-and-six-word-memoir.html

PS - Blogger is pissing me off. Look at the format!! Ugh... on top of that, I can't upload more than one picture at a time.

No comments: