Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!

Yesterday morning, I didn't expect anything. The entire week, I've been hinting to Justyn that I wanted these monkey balloons that were really cute at the grocery store. Everytime I mentioned it, he just ignored me so I dropped it. Well yesterday, I woke up to the monkey balloons in the living room and a dozen red roses (my favorite!). Awww...



For lunch, he took me to our favorite sushi joint called Hanamaru. Yes, this is the same place where I forgot the name of it for a while. I believe the owners are Korean, but I'm not sure. All I know is they make damn good sushi. We love the place because of their unconventional style. They mix Srirachi with mayonnaise and squirt this stuff over a lot of their sushi. The flavor is just phenomenal. While I didn't get pictures, we had saba, spicy tuna roll, Super Duper roll, and some weird creation with veg tempura on the bottom, spicy tuna poke, wakame salad and tobiko on top. It's like the Japanese version of pizza heh.

For dinner, he suprised me with Pizzeria Uno pizza which was frozen but the sentimental value was there. When Pizzaria Uno was still open locally, we went there for our first date. So romantic hehe. Justyn baked the pizza and also made a caesar salad boat with manchego cheese, croutons & sardines. Interesting presentation don't you think? We capped off the evening by sipping the same champagne as the one that was served during our wedding reception (Martini & Rossi Asti). I'm smitten!

1 comment:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Aww, that's so sweet that he remembered such details.