Sunday, January 27, 2008

Krabby Patties



Oh yes... last night we watched one of my favorite cartoons, Spongebob Squarepants. Call me juvenille, but whatever. This stuff keeps me young. On this particular episode of Spongebob, his cousin helps him with burger flipping. Well Krabby Patty flipping that is. So I thought to myself, why not make a burger with crab cakes?

Tonight, we decided to try it out. Unforunately, our grocery store doesn't have jumbo lump crab meat in bulk, so Justyn bought scallop and fake crab meat instead. I know... I wished we had real crab meat to make it authentic, but there's always next time.



So Jusytn mixed his "crab" meat with chopped basil, crackers, tiny scallops, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.



Next he shaped them into little piles to make patties.



He also bought some frozen wedged fries that had parmesan and garlic flavoring to it.



Sliced tomato and lettuce would go well with our krabby patties.



Here's him working hard.



Then you fry up the patties and bake the fries.



Unfortunately, we didn't have time to refridgerate the patties, nor did they hold their shape, so we just stir fryed the mixture and topped them on the burgers. Flavorwise, it was fantastic, but I think it would've been better if we chopped up the seafood and then formed them into patties. I may try this in the future, but I'm kinda sick of seafood at this point hehe.

No comments: