Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy New Years!!

I'm skipping over Marseille and Cuneo, Italy until I get the pictures from Donoho for now so be patient!

For New Years we went over to Mama's house for dinner. Ashley and Donoho both love this drink called Champoney so Ashley did the honors of popping it open with our direction. Champoney is their version of sparkling apple cider.



We had a couple... or more drinks before dinner :)



Cous cous was on the menu for dinner. This was the same recipe that Angel made us a while back. Sorry Angel, but Mama's cous cous is better than yours ;) They serve Harissa which is a spicy chili paste similar to Sririacha but thicker.



Donoho and Justyn couldn't wait to have an actual French person wave around a white flag. They didn't understand it until we actually explained it to them.



After dinner, the kids went outside to the community center's playground to breakdance and well.. just be kids. I joined them for a while. Afterall, I'd be turning 30 on 1/11/08.



The day after, we took all the kids to play Laser Tag. Angel, Ashley and I opted to stay out and go grab some dinner. Oh yes, I did have a Royal (with) Cheese. And it was damn tasty after all the French food I had been consuming. I don't know if my tastebuds were off at this point, but it didn't taste the same as the American McDonalds. I had an awful cold, but I didn't care. I devoured the burger and fries. Mmmm..
On a side note, I have to mention how wrong Angel's hot dog looked. You can't really tell by the picture, but the casing of the hotdog was bright red and smeared with Harissa. Ugh.... It smelled so bad, Ashley wrapped it up and threw it in a trashcan 50 feet away from where we sitting inside of the mall before we hit McDonalds hehe.

No comments: