Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weird Japanese Fishy Thingies

One of my friends, Timmys, recently came back from a business trip in Japan. He brought me back these weird fish packages. I believe the fish are called whitebait or something. They're dried and flavored. The green package was more neutral than the red one which was spicy and sweet with sesame seeds added. Justyn had these before and instructed me to make ochaszuke. Then the fish are sprinkled on top. I preferred the red package over the green just because it had more of a kick. Thanks Timmys!!!

4 comments:

tigerfish said...

Oh ye...whitebait whitebait...I just have it posted in my blog not too long ago.

JadedOne said...

TF - Sweet :) We are both eating teh same thing heh.

Anonymous said...

I have seen these before! We have an asian market in our city and half of the packages I cannot even read. But it is still fun to go and get new things to try.

Anonymous said...

That looks interesting. How is the taste like?