Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cooking: Savory Kebobs

This week I found an interesting article on slashfood.com. Pasta on a skewer? Hmmm.. Well it was the picture that drew me in. It was beautiful!
Here's the article if you're interested in trying it out: http://www.slashfood.com/2007/07/18/edible-centerpiece/

We had a poker game at a friend's house last night so I wanted to make something finger foodie and this seemed to be the right choice. Initially I was going to make some char sui sows from Tigerfish's blog, but this seemed like an easier option. (Tigerfish - I'll make them next weekend)
First you want to cook up the pasta. I used Buitoni tortellinis both green and white. The white pasta was filled with chicken and proscuitto and the green had three cheese. You can't go wrong with that!
While the pasta boiled, I washed up the produce. Cherry tomatoes and lovely basil. By the way, the produce at Safeway is much more fresher than Albertson's.
While at Safeway, I spotted some lovely marinated mushrooms with chopped pimentos.

Unfortunately they didn't have the baby mozzarella balls that I was looking for. Instead, I bought some bocatini. Since they were a little bigger than expected, I halved and quartered them to make bite sized pieces.

The bi-colored pasta goes first, then a mushroom, tomato, and basil wrapped mozzarella.


I used a half head of lettuce to make my final presentation.




What do you think?

Here's the rest of the spread that JTT & C made for poker night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edible arrangements!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Very nice arrangement :)

JadedOne said...

TG - That's the place I was looking for. Edible Arrangements. I went to one of their stores to see if they would sell me a basket to make my presentation prettier, but they wouldn't do that. At least I figured out that they used half a head of lettuce to stick the skewers in. I would've never thought to do that.

TCN - Thanks! :)