Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Review: Nijiya Market

At the beginning of this month, Justyn took me to Nijiya Market where they have a variety of bento boxes to choose from. Last time we went to this place, I got pork cutlet with some rice and tako yaki balls. I wanted to try something different this time so I got soba noodles with two types of sushi and a SPAM onigiri. Justyn got some fried stuff (I don't know what it was) with onigiri (rice balls). Instead of taking it back to my work to eat, he suprised me and drove to a near by park. We sat down at a picnic table and dove into our lunch. For pre-made bento boxes, this stuff isn't bad. It's a quick and easy option to have instead of going to an actual Japanese restaurant. The quality obviously isn't as good, it's damn tasty for a market.



Nijiya Market
143 E. El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
www.nijiya.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always tempted by the bento boxes in Nijiya but have not reach out from them yet. Hmmm...maybe I can give it a try but expect a market-good-standard :p