Monday, March 5, 2007

Review: The Armenian Gourmet

Last week some time, we went to The Armenian Gourmet. I asked Justyn to mapquest it so that we'd know how to get there. When we arrived, we discovered that it was in the same shopping center as some of the restaurants we'd already been to. We took the long way there. Stupid... Anyway, we had gotten there early since we take early lunches. We were promptly greeted and seated. I had yelped the restaurant earlier which is incidently how I found the place and people had given their salad compliments. I got the Mr. Fields Salad which came with rice pilaf and a couple lamb kebobs (IIRC). Justyn ordered the combo platter. Presentation wise, not so good. My plate was piled high with salad which was very yummy. Who cares about looks when the food's delicious right? That's all I really need to say about this place. Justyn loved it.. I liked it. It wasn't pretentious. In fact it was comforting on a rainy day. The only thing that stuck out was that the clientel. There were a lot of older men that appeared to be VPs of companies. I ran into the ex-VP of Operations at Extreme Networks where I used to work. Back to the food, give it a try. It's very similar to Greek/Mediterranean cuisine. I give it a 9 of 10.
The Armenian Gourmet
929 E Duane Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Phone: 408-732-3910


No comments: