Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cards Blog Challenge: Berries

The theme for this weeks Cards Blog challenge was berries. I knew I wanted to make a strawberry out of felt and add some stitching detail on it, so that part was easy. The semi difficult part was the layout. Originally, I was just going to put a banner under the strawberry but that seemed a little too simple so I took a page out of Kristina Werner's MACM video. I like the juxtaposition of the patterned paper so I incorporated that with stitching of course. The patterned papers I used are from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh line. Another trick I figured out when stitching with felt is to back it with some leftover packaging from embellishments. Just draw and cut out the shape. Then pierce holes for stitching. I adhered the felt to the shape with dry adhesive. This makes stitching close to the edge of the felt a lot easier.

No comments: