Monday, March 22, 2010

NAC: Finally Friday Homework - Lifting(?)

I didn't really know what to call this homework assignment but the basic idea was to take Kristina Werner's Finally Friday card and use it as a starting point. I really love her layouts and this was the perfect opportunity to use one of hers.

I changed some things such as not tying the embroidery thread around the card.. instead I, of course, had to stitch. I'm always finding new ways to create flower embellishments on youtube and I love the way this particular flower looks. Unfortunately, it's really bulky since you're using 10 pieces of distressed cardstock to make it. The patterned paper is from Sassafras Nerdy Bird collection (out of their 6x6 paper pad) which I just got today. The dot stamp is from Papertrey ink and the yellow cardstock is from Stampin Up. This card turned into something that is really unlike my style. I rarely use patterned paper and I'm glad I got the opportunity to do so. :)


No comments: