Sunday, January 3, 2010

NYE in San Diego

For NYE we flew down to San Diego to hang out with peeps from a message board. Melissa and Don were gracious enough to host a party with delicious snacks, drinks & great company. It was so good to finally meet people that I’ve known for a while but have never actually seen face to face.



The next morning we met at Starbucks to caravan over to a pizza place called URBN. This place had really great thin crust pizza and the toppings were seemingly endless. Justyn and I decided to get fresh tomato, basil & artichoke hearts on ours. The salad was also amazing. It had blue cheese, homemade candied walnuts, pears and walnuts.


After a nice brunch, we went to Stone Brewery for some beers. We were supposed to leave and go to Downtown San Diego and walk around the Gaslamp District but instead we ended up having so much fun at Stone, that we stayed there well into the evening. We went back to Melissa & Don’s house for a snacky dinner and more drinks.



The next morning we woke up early to have breakfast with everyone at a place called The Longboarder. I decided to treat myself to some chicken fried steak. I rarely get it since it’s soo high in fat and calories but hey.. we were on vacation. It was super tender and that gravy sent me to heaven.



Since it was our last day in San Diego, we drove down to the pier and beach to walk around. It was such a warm and perfect day for the beach. I wish I had brought my sandals so I could’ve walked along the water. One of our friends, Kevin, put his feet into the water and totally got his pants wet.


After the beach we drove into the Gaslamp District for some drinks and an early dinner. We ended up having Thai for dinner since just about everything was closed. It was a good choice though. Melissa ordered the honey duck which was very delicious. Everyone was greedily eyeing her dinner while we ate. After dinner, we went back to the same bar we met at for our last hurrah before we had to fly back to San Jose.


I had such a good time and I can’t wait to hang out with these peeps more! Big thanks to Melissa & Don for hosting. The next time you’re in San Jose, we’re totally gonna take you out :D

No comments: