Tuesday, December 8, 2009

NAC: Hand Cut Birthday Card & Snowflake Ornament

I was looking at one of my favorite blogs called Emellish Magazine (http://embellishmagazine.com/blog/) and saw that they had a challenge up. This challenge was to be inspired by pine cones, leaves & acorns. When I saw the pillow, a light bulb in my head went off. I could totally make something inspired by that. Little did I know how tired and cramped up my hand would get after I was done. But I love the effect it gives the card. You don't even have to make it perfect for it to look good. I basically started out by cutting out some leaf shapes and then drawing in negative spaces where I would need to cut. I did the same for the flower which was inspired by my Anthropologie gift card bag.



I also made this snowflake ornament over the weekend. Sometimes I'm so weird. I was sleeping in on Sunday morning when I suddenly bolted up in bed and went directly to my craft desk. Since having the Stampin Up snowflake punch I haven't really made much with it. I had the idea to fold the punched out shape in half and make an ornament out of them like I've done in the past with other symetrical shapes. It worked! Doesn't it look intricate? Totally easy though..


2 comments:

-Susan- said...

Wow..I went on that magazine website and loved the pillow and bedspread. You really captured the idea with your card....the snow flake ornament...so cute! A tree full of them would be dazzling! Like I have said before...you are good girl!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great clean and simple style! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!