Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cooking: Pozole Soup



Earlier this week I asked Justyn if he would rather Lion's Head Stew or Posole Soup. Of course being the Mexican food lover he is, he chose the Posole Soup. I had a recipe in mind (http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/simple-pork-posole) but I didn't exactly follow it word for word. I thought it would be better to season the chopped pork shoulder with the cayenne powder, salt, pepper, oregano and red chili flakes. I then browned the pork, added the onion, hominy & garlic and covered it with water. All of that simmered together for a couple hours. Then I added some prepped chopped red onion, cilantro, avacado and lime juice for garnish and taste. Not too bad for a first time recipe. Justyn enjoyed it too :)

2 comments:

Becca said...

hah. Crazy. I made chicken pozole on saturday night. First time in years. BF loved it.

JadedOne said...

Hah... what a coincidence :)

Yay I have another reader!

H
I

B
E
C
C
A
!