Monday, July 6, 2009

Cooking: Chicken & Rice w/ Saffron

Well, I finally found an opportunity to use the saffron my sister got for me when she was in Italy.

I can't imagine how much she paid for this but I figure she'd appreciate me finally cooking with it. It's just too bad I decided to cook this dish on a weeknight, otherwise I'd have her over. Next time for sure :)


I browned the chicken on both sides in an equal mixture of melted butter & olive oil.



After the chicken browned, I removed some of the oil and sauteed the onion and garlic w/ some salt & pepper.



I added the rice and sauteed that for a minute before adding the broth, water, bay leaf & saffron.



I reseasoned it and then added the chicken back in, brought it to a boil and then dropped it down to a simmer for 27 minutes.



Here it is plated. I looove this recipe! And it's simple enough for a quick weeknight meal.



No comments: