Friday, June 26, 2009

Late Night Card

It's 11:36pm right now and I can't sleep, so I thought it would be a good time to make a card for a friend's birthday. This particular friend has actually gotten inspired by me posting about my cards and wants to start card making too! Yay! I really need to kick my ass into gear and pack up the starter kit I bought for her. I just need a box from the post office. I'll probably do that tomorrow. Sorry BriBri! I know I lag.

The inspiration for this card came from Ali Edwards (http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2009/06/fantastic-adventure.html). I loved the stitched heart on her scrapbook page and I had recently bought some Heidi Swapp Tricolor Hearts Glossy Chipboard Shapes (self adhesive too!) so I decided to try it out. I also desperately wanted to use my eyelet border punch from Stampin Up. So here's how it turned out.

I may actually scrap this card and redo it since I think the heart and the "U" should be closer together so they are more of a main focal point but we'll see.

No comments: