Monday, May 18, 2009

Santa Cruz Wine Trip

Every year we try to go visit a bunch of wineries but this time we decided to go to Santa Cruz instead of Napa. It's a lot closer and I figure since we had never been to the Santa Cruz wineries, now would be a good time.


I arranged a guided tour with Santa Cruz Experience and I have to say that our driver was awesome. He went above and beyond paying for our wine tastings at all the wineries and making our experience relaxed and fun. I really appreciated what he did for us!



Our first stop was Soquel Vineyards. We were the first group in so we got the owner who walked us through the tastings himself. He then took us to the back area for a special barrel tasting.



One of our favorite stops was next which was Hunter Hill. It just had a nice homely feel to it and the wine taster guy was super friendly.



For lunch we met up with Timmys at Harbor Cafe. By the time we got there, it was super hot out which was kinda perfect because we all ate outside on picnic tables.



After lunch we went to Bonny Doon Vineyards and stayed there for the rest of the tour. Some of the group went across the parking lot to a brewery.



The tour ended there and we all made it back to the Continental Inn where we were staying for the night. No point in ending the debauchery at the wine tour. We went to dinner at Cypress Lounge and then made the walk to 99 Bottles for a night cap. I don't think I brought my camera so I don't have any pics.. but trust me.. it was a good time :) Thanks to all that came out! We'll definitely do this again next year.

No comments: