Friday, May 8, 2009

KWerner's Color Inspiration # 51



I didn't have any rose or mustard colored cardstock so this made things a little difficult. However, I started looking at all the supplies that I had accumulated over time and discovered I had some mustard ribbon from Papertrey Ink & there was a similar rose color in one of my Colorbox chalk ink queues. I looked at my supplies trying to come up with some kind of idea of what I wanted to do. While testing the colors in the Colorbox queue I found that the shape looked like a flower petal. Neat! Now I just had to incorporate some kind of mustard color into the flowers. I tried dabbing the mustard ink straight from the "cats eye" but that didn't work. I didn't have any sponge daubers either so I had to get creative again. I ended up using a q-tip which worked perfect. I also used my new Heidi Swapp alphabet stamp set to make the Happy Birthday part. I kinda don't like how the bottom of the card turned out but whatever..

2 comments:

Dori Shelton said...

This is cute! Big and Bold. I like it!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Fabulous. I love that you can find treasures in your stash!