Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cooking: Boredom Donut Muffins

Today was pretty uneventful and I was really bored. Justyn was sick of my whining so he told me to bake some no-knead bread. I looked on Chef John's blog for a recipe but found out that it would take 20 hours so the dough could rest. I was bored now! So, I started browsing tastespotting.com and found a really cute picture of these donut muffins. The recipe didn't look daunting at all so I decided to give it a try.

As the egg and the sugar were combining in my Kitchenaid mixer I discovered that I did not have any vanilla extract. Dammit, that means I had to go back to the store to get some.

For some reason my Kitchenaid was being stubborn. The dry ingrediants didn't mix well with the wet so I ended up having to mix it by hand. It was really lumpy but after some patience, the mixture smoothed out somewhat.

I ladeled the mixture into my muffin tin lined cupcake paper thingies and sent them off to the oven to bake.

I'm really happy with how they turned out. Light, fluffy and yumy :)

No comments: