Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Cooking": Japanese Goodness

*argh fucking blogger! This is the second time I'm typing this!*

After work, Justyn and I went to Nijiya market to pick up some stuff for dinner. I went straight for the chopped tuna & wakame salad (one of my favorite things!). Justyn got some tofu, green onion, bonito flake, natto and seaweed.

This is what Justyn made with his ingrediants. Look at that pile of stuff! He piled natto, bonito flakes & seaweed on top of tofu and drizzled it with a bit of soy sauce. I wrinkled my nose at it but after tasting it, damn.. it's good!



And this is what I came up with. I added some grated ginger, chopped scallion, seaweed, furikake, soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame seed oil to the chopped tuna and mixed it all together. I made fancy shapes out of them (quenelles) and then they went on top of the rice and wakame seaweed salad. Talk about yum! Even Domo-kun approves!

No comments: