Monday, March 24, 2008

Yelpers Unite


Photo Taken By: Richard Tamayo


On Friday after our workout, Justyn and I went to dinner at a nearby pho restaurant so I could finally satisfy my craving for that Vietnamese Noodle Salad, done the right way. Damn that stuff is good. It was perfect for a warm evening. After that, we went to a local dive bar to have drinks and shoot some pool. The evening ended nicely...

On Saturday, Donoho met at our house and we went to Falafel Drive-In for lunch with a group of Yelpers (yelp.com). I normally don't like eating vegetarian so I skipped the falafels. Instead, I ordered a gyro salad. The meat was nicely seasoned and served in chunks rather than thinly sliced. I felt the salad was over dressed with their tahini dressing, but I had eaten earlier in the morning so I wasn't very hungry. Justyn helped me finish it. Justyn's falafel was delicious. I'm still kicking myself for not ordering it. The place has falafel in their name, why didn't I get it!? Argh... Anyway, we met some really cool Yelpers there before driving over to the movie theatre to watch the live action version of Death Note.


Why does Justyn look so sleepy? Hrm...




Funny and not so funny story here.. We pulled up to the gate of the parking lot where I didn't pull up close enough to the ticket dispenser. Donoho graciously volunteered to get out of the car and get it for me. He handed me the ticket from outside of the car and as soon as I handed the ticket to Justyn to hold, I started to drive off. Stupidly, I didn't wait for Donoho to get back in the car and the door hit him in the chest. :( I felt really really stupid.

Enough of that misadventure though. We got our tickets at Camera 12 which were held at will call and then went to Starbucks for some coffee. I had already seen the movie so I wasn't really jazzed about seeing it again, but I manned up for it since Justyn and Donoho hadn't seen it yet. 2 hours later, Justyn hated it and Donoho thought it was OK. Oh well...

Afterwards, Yelp held an after party at the Fahrenheit Lounge. Ah.. again, the perks of being Elite Yelp! Without sounding too prententious, they had shut down the entire club and had a couple free drinks (Red Stripe & Smirnoff Ice) as well as passed hors d'oeuvres (beef and chicken sate and some other stuff which I didn't try). It was an awesome event! We even got to chat with the chef/owner Danny. Thanks Yelp!



We went home after that and hung out for a bit before going to dinner. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but I had a cheeseburger that well exceeded my expectations albeit was a little underseasoned. Justyn and I made a bet regarding the ranch sauce that came with his onion rings. He insisted that it was Hidden Valley, but I begged to differ. Finally, the waiter came by to resolve our dispute. I won the bet! Woo hoo! Justyn bet that if I lost, we would have to work out everyday after work. Since I won, we only have to work out twice this week. Haha....



Donoho had to go home and finish moving, so Justyn and I went to Christine and Nick's house for a little gathering. What a day!

Needless to say, Sunday was spent sleeping in and relaxing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean by satisfation on finally having a real thing done the Vietnamese way. I have problem finding authentic Chinese food. :) I rather cook at home than go to a so called Chinese restaurants here.