Monday, September 17, 2007

Review: Vive Sol (Mexican Restaurant)



I know I said I wouldn't poste anymore restaurant reviews here since it's a duplicated effort on yelp.com. But, I figure since I haven't been posting as much, you guys would miss new things to read. So without further adieu, I give you Vive Sol. I've wanted to try this place for a while now, but everytime I approached Justyn with this place for lunch, he always declined. I don't know why because I was really impressed when we finally ate there on Friday.

The restaurant's tucked behind a motel and has its own parking lot in the back but we got there early enough to park on the side.



As with most Mexican restaurants, chips and salsa were served while we perused the menu. Let me make a point of telling you about the salsa. The chips weren't as fresh as I would have liked, but the tomatillo salsa. Oh snap! It was really good. Unlike any other green salsa I've had. All of the others I've had before tasted like something out of a can. This one tasted homemade, fresh and had that perfect roasted flavor. Justyn even commented how good it was and he normally sticks with the red salsas. The two other red salsas were OK.



I don't remember the exact name of Justyn's enchiladas but I had the Suizas which was topped with green salsa, lettuce and cheese. It was a different green salsa than the one that came with the chips and it was a bit too tart for my tastes, but the dish was still better than any other enchilada I've had. The enchilada that was covered in an orange (cheese?) sauce was amazing. If I had known better, I would've ordered that instead. The mole was mediocre though.



Overall, I have to say that this is my new favorite Mexican restaurant. The decor of the restaurant is cute and inviting and they even have a patio area where you can eat at too. The food's definitely worth a try!

No comments: