Friday, August 3, 2007

Vung Tau's Bun Bo Hue

The trilogy ends here with Vung Tau's Bun Bo Hue. I finally got to try it tonight.

Honestly, the broth was good but it had this very heavy MSG background to it. I mean, don't get me wrong. It was no where near as bad as Pho Vy's version of it. Good lemongrassy flavor and heat to it. I just might have to go back to Bun Bo Hue An Nam & Danh's Restaurant for something more deep. It sucks because I really held high expectations for Vung Tau's noodles. The noodles.... they were a little on the mushy side. I mean I tried to scoop them onto my spoon and they just cut in half. However, there is a redeeming point here with the service. I swear, no less than 5 minutes after we ordered, our food arrived. I know I've posted this before when we went here for my sister's birthday but god damn. There was a huge table next to us whom had ordered before us and we still got our food fast!

So here it is.. the last of the bun bo hues for me. I think I'm noodled out. OK no, I lie. I'll be back for more. Where? I don't know, but I'm on a quest to find the absolute best! Not that the others weren't good, but I know there's more out there to try!




4 comments:

KellytheCulinarian said...

Looks good, I'd eat it :)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it was not consistent on that day???? Or maybe it was the first time I tried Bun No Hue and I had not basis for comparison. I will check out Bun Bo Hue An Nam, and we shall see.

Anonymous said...

Hmm ... I don't like anything that has too much MSG in it. It leaves you very thirsty after the meal.

JadedOne said...

KM - You should find some around your area. Srsly good eats!

TG - Yeah I don't know if they were off that day, but it wasn't horribly bad. I still ate it all hehe.