Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Good Times & Review: Casa Blanca Restaurant

Originally Posted on 08/27/06

Yesterday I went over to Angel & Justus' friends house. His name's Art and it was his birthday. Angel had us sign the birthday card so I renamed him Artisimo. Art's parents house is amazing. It's bigger than my parents house, AND it has a pool. Art greeted us with champagne that was pretty good. I'm not a fan of champagne, but I can't complain about it either. We then ate dinner consisting of BBQ beef & chicken, mashed potatoes, tomato & mozzarella salad. Then we hit the hard stuff. I brought a vodka tonic kit and everyone else had margaritas. We went swimming in the pool for a little bit and the bottom of the pool was super slippery. I kept pretending like I was skiing or some shit. Yeah.. I was pretty tipsy at that point. Apparently during the evening, they broke out the Henessey XO and Justyn was drinking cognac shots with the Russians. After that, I don't remember what happened. Justus was really drunk, as I was. OK, maybe he was a little worse. He couldn't stand up and I wanted to visit him when he was vomiting. I have no idea why. That was a good night.

Here's a picture of the spread:



Earlier that day, Justyn and I went to Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant. We've been looking for decent restaurants around our condo and we just found another one besides Hand Pull Noodle & High Five Pizza. (I'll do the reviews of those places later, but for not.. let's just say they're really good)
Casa Blanca is in a ghetto shopping center with Longs Drugs on Blossom Hill Rd. It's kinda hidden, but you'll just have to look around for it. I'll post the address after the review.

The decor isn't anything special, but we didn't go there to look at the interior design anyway. There was only one person there, however we did get there right at 11:00am. We sat ourselves at a booth and waited for the waitress to bring us our menus. We had homemade chips and salsa before we ordered. Those were really good. As usual, I ordered the enchiladas without beans (I can't stand them) and Justyn got the flatus (sp?) & enchilada combo. When our food arrived, which was pretty speedy, we dug right in. The rice was awesome. Instead of being bland like other mexican rice I've had, this had actual flavor. Garlic flavor mmmm.. The enchiladas were kinda cold, but I was hungry and finished them both.

Overall it was a decent dining experience. Minus the decor and somewhat slow service, the food was good. I give this place a 6.5.

Casa Blanca
480 Blossom Hill Rd.
San Jose, CA 95123

Here are some pictures of our entrees:


Today for dinner I made SPAM musubi. It turned out pretty good, except it was a little too salty for my taste. Justyn ate about 6 of them, I could only handle two.

Here's a picture of it:

No comments: