Sunday, December 19, 2010

Weekend Update

On Friday we went to Devil's Canyon brewery. We tried a few of their beers before heading over to a taqueria across the street for dinner. After that we went to Old World spirits. I'm not a big gin fan so I let Justyn do the tasting. I had a couple tiny sips but didn't like their gin but their absinthe was amazing.


On Saturday, Karen had planned a surprise birthday dinner for Kris. He probably assumed that dinner would be just Karen and him but she invited Jen, Stefano, Reid, Chloe, Justyn and I. We arrived there about an hour early so we went to a nearby dive bar called Hi Dive. There I had the best dirty martini. It wasn't overly salty and strong like I've had in the past. At around 7:30 we walked to Palomino's and met up with Reid, Chloe, Jen & Stefano. Around 8:00, Kris and Karen arrived and he definitely had a surprised look on his face when he saw us. Four bottles of wine, dinner and dessert later we found ourselves back to Hi Dive for a night cap before heading back home. It was an awesome night filled with great conversation and good times.


Today we caught up on some much needed sleep before going to Cafe San Jose for brunch. I had the breakfast sandwich with country potatoes which were delish! I’m normally not a breakfast person so for me to say it was good, actually says a lot. Justyn ordered the pancake sandwich which came with eggs and bacon. After brunch we went to see Tron which was a really great movie. It was definitely a lot better than the original filled with tons of action and breath taking CGI.


We’re probably going to take it easy for the rest of the evening, eat leftovers for dinner before going to bed early for work tomorrow. *sigh* One more day until vacation!

No comments: