Friday, August 20, 2010

The Trappist

I seriously felt like this week was a nightmare so it was a good thing that we had a trip to The Trappist in Oakland planned. It was nice to go out after a long week and hang out with friends, have some beer and nosheries.



I love this bar. I'm not a huge beer drinker but I instantly fell in love with the first few sips of Russian River Damnation. This was a damn good beer.. full bodied and easy to drink. I also tried a sip of Kris' Mikkeller Monks Brew and decided that it would be next one. Justyn ordered the De Ranke Saison which was suprisingly mild flavored. I really think I'm starting to like craft beers. I guess there's no going back to Miller Lite for me hehe..



To snack on, Kris brought some Blair's Death Rain Habanero Kettle Chips. I took a tiny nibble and my lips were burning for a good 20 minutes after. The guys were popping them like they were nothing. I have a feeling it's not gonna sit so well tomorrow..



Good times...



The food was decent too.



Afterwards we went to Tamarindo which is a tequila bar/restaurant to hang out for a bit before heading home. I'm wiped out but I had to share what was an awesome time before I go to bed.

No comments: