Saturday, April 25, 2009

KWerner's Color Inspiration # 50



Happy 50th to Kristina & all those awesome card makers out there! I absolutely had to participate in this one since I skipped the last challenge. I couldn't figure out what to do with all those colors. For this challenge, Kristina is giving away some really awesome prizes so I had to try extra hard to come up with something pretty. I recently came across a tutorial that involves paper, stitching & messy crumbling on Life as Lou's blog (http://lifeaslou.blogsome.com/2009/03/24/together-we-a-layout-and-a-ruffle-tutorial/). I didn't have a sewing machine so I had to hand sew. Going through two layers of paper with a needle is a pain! I like the look of it though..
Let me tell you... I also struggled with the tag part too... I kept on punching the pointed part on the wrong side. I must've done this part at least 5-6 times before I finally got it right. Of course, I couldn't stray far from poking holes so I added them to the tag.
I didn't have any yellow buttons on hand so I made a faux button out of paper :)
Overall I like how it turned out, but I can't help but feel like there's something missing. I tried embossing something on the brown base but I hated it. So here we go!

PS - Do you like my ghetto set up? I basically took some turquoise paper and placed it over my laptop monitor. And yep, that's white cardstock on my keyboard hah! You can even see a tiny part of my laptop in the top right corner. :P

I added some real stitching to the bottom and right bottom corner :) I cannot leave this card alone! Thanks for all your comments ladies!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun ribbon design

Savitri said...

How cute! Love the flower and the ribbon treatment!

Traveling Mama said...

I think it turned out great! Love the flower!

Tracy said...

Turned out great! Love the detail on the 'ribbon' ;)

Britta Swiderski said...

Love the ribbon- it's adorable! I think the picture turned out just fine. :) Thanks for sharing!

The Scrapbookqueen said...

love the crad! The stitching really made it!

Stempelzeit said...

wow, what a great card - love that stitching!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I like your details. Fun stiching, ribbon and flower. Great job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kara said...

So cute..Love the ribbon!
Kara

Two Happy Stampers said...

Wonderful paper crafting on your card! Looks great! =)

Winter said...

So cute! Love that flower!

Amy said...

Great use of paper! Love that flower and the "ribbon". I haven't distressed many cards, but this inspires me to give it a try!

home design ideas for you said...

thans for the nice picture you share.. okey..